In our pursuit to recognize today's best poets, we want to celebrate one outstanding piece of poetry, OPEN to all poets, with a $5000 award and publication.
Ten finalists will also receive $100 each and all winners will earn publication with Frontier Poetry. The Frontier staff will select the winners and finalists. The winners and honorable mentions will be announced in February 2021.
While we primarily serve as a platform for new writers, this prize is meant to support and elevate the poetry community on the whole. We look forward to offering this annual prize where emerging and established poets are considered in equal measure.
- Submissions are open to all poets.
- No identifying information in the submission document. Our diverse team of readers will read all submissions blind.
- Unpublished poems only.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please notify us if your work is picked up elsewhere.
- No more than three poems per submission. There is no line-limit. Poems may be any length, any style, or any subject.
- Multiple submissions are allowed, but each new poem requires a new submission and fee.
- Please include a brief cover letter with your publication history and about yourself.
- International submissions are welcome.
- Submission fee of $20.
- Deadline is November 15th.
- If you have any questions about submissions of any kind or would like to query a current submission, please visit our FAQ page or send an email to: contact (at) frontierpoetry (dot) com
Editorial Feedback Option
This option costs $59 and will provide you with two pages of detailed and actionable feedback on a poem of your choice from the submission, including suggestions for future submissions. Our guest editors are paid a significant portion of the fee (at EFA rates) and are all incredibly astute and professional poets.