Submissions for our poetry category are open year round. It is
open to any new and emerging author who has not published more than one full-length collection of poetry. New Voices are published online only and will feature a number of poems from new authors each month.
We are pleased to announce we offer payment to our
authors. $50 per poem, up to $150. We are thrilled to be paying for
published pieces but will be highly selective in our choices for
We also warmly invite under-represented and marginalized voices to submit. Our aim is to be an accurate representation of the diversity of our beautiful community. Your voice is valued here.
- Submissions are open to new and emerging writers only
(no more than one full-length published work forthcoming at the time of submission).
- Our only requirement is that you show excellence
in your craft. Bend language, experiment with
visuality and form—lay your heart bare on the page. But please, send us polished work.
Our aim is to showcase writers who we believe will continue to produce
great work. Send us only your best.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please notify us if your work is picked up elsewhere.
- All submissions must be no more than 10 pages or 5 poems.
- We do not accept multiple submissions. Please submit all your poems in ONE document.
- Please include a cover letter with your publication history
- Expect 8-12 weeks for a response