In our pursuit to recognize today's best poets, we want to celebrate one outstanding piece of poetry, OPEN to all poets, with a $5000 award and publication, our biggest prize of the year.
Ten finalists will also receive $100 each and all winners will earn publication with Frontier Poetry. The Frontier staff will select the winners and finalists. The winners and honorable mentions will be announced in October 2021.
While we primarily serve as a platform for new writers, this prize is meant to support and elevate the poetry community on the whole. We look forward to offering this annual prize where emerging and established poets are considered in equal measure.
- Submissions are open to all poets.
- No identifying information in the submission document. Our diverse team of readers will read all submissions blind.
- Unpublished poems only.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please notify us if your work is picked up elsewhere.
- No more than three poems per submission. There is no line-limit. Poems may be any length, any style, or any subject.
- Multiple submissions are allowed, but each new poem requires a new submission and fee.
- Please include a brief cover letter with your publication history and about yourself.
- International submissions are welcome.
- Submission fee of $20.
- If you have any questions about submissions of any kind or would like to query a current submission, please visit our FAQ page or send an email to: contact (at) frontierpoetry (dot) com
Included Unique Opportunities and Discounts
As a thank you for your support for Frontier, we're able to offer these unique opportunities:
The Poetry School is offering every submitter a 20% off discount code (average of $28 value) to one of their online courses! Head to their platform, find a course you're interested in, and use the code included in the confirmation message at checkout.
The Writing Salon is offering every submitter a 10% off discount code on a writing class. Go to https://www.writingsalons.com/ to find a class and type in the code in the reply during checkout.
Alice James Books is also offering a 25% discount code on any of their books! Go to www.alicejamesbooks.org to find amazing new work and use the code during checkout.
Editorial Feedback Option
This option costs $59 and will provide you with two pages of detailed and actionable feedback on a poem of your choice from the submission, including suggestions for future submissions. Our guest editors are paid a significant portion of the fee (at EFA rates) and are all incredibly astute and professional poets.