We have a problem in publishing. The 2019 survey of industry professionals found that, "There is no discernible change to any of the other racial categories. In other words, the field is just as White today as it was four years ago." If we all don't work to individually push for progress, then progress stagnates. We can't rely on anyone but ourselves to move the needle.
Toward that end, we're offering this space as an opportunity for BIPOC writers to get fast results on their submissions. Your voice is valued here.
These will be considered as submissions for our New Voices poetry category. New Voices are published online only and will feature a number of poems from new authors each month.
We are thrilled to offer significant payment to our partner poets: $50 per poem, up to $150. We are proud to be paying for published pieces but will be highly selective in our choices for publication.
- Submissions are open to all self-identifying BIPOC authors
- Submissions are open to new and emerging poets only (no more than one full-length published work forthcoming at the time of submission—email us about self-published works)
- We accept simultaneous submissions—just please send us a note if your work is picked up elsewhere (We want to say congrats!)
- All submissions must be no more than 10 pages and no more than 5 poems.
- We do not accept multiple submissions. Please submit all your poems in ONE document.
- Please include a cover letter with your publication history
- Expect 2 weeks for a response
- Please review our FAQ page for more information. Almost all other questions are answered here: www.frontierpoetry.com/faq