Welcome to the Frontier Industry Prize: One Poem // $3000
We are so excited to get to work with three of the best in the industry as our guest judges: Jeff Shotts—Executive Editor of Graywolf Press, Kwame Dawes—Editor-in-Chief of Prairie Schooner, and Sarah Gambito—Co-founder of Kundiman. The panel of three judges will collaborate to select a single winning poem from a group of finalists for the $3000 prize and publication on Frontier.
2nd and 3rd place poems also selected by the judges will receive $200 / $100 respectively and publication with Frontier Poetry. The Frontier staff will select the finalists and any honorable mentions. The winner and finalists will be announced Fall 2019.
- Submissions are open to emerging poets—submitters should have no more than two full-length collections out or forthcoming at the time of submission.
- No identifying information in the submission document. Our diverse team of readers will read all submissions blind.
- Unpublished poems only.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please notify us if your work is picked up elsewhere.
- ONE poem per submission (due to overwhelming response, and for the sanity of our readers)
- There is no line-limit. Poems may be any length, any style, or any subject.
- Multiple submissions are allowed.
- Please include a brief cover letter with your publication history and about yourself.
- International submissions are welcome.
- Submission fee of $20.
- Deadline is July 15th
If you have any questions about submissions of any kind or would like to query a current submission, please visit our FAQ page https://www.frontierpoetry.com/faq/, or send an email to: contact (at) frontierpoetry (dot) com