2019 Frontier Digital Chapbook Contest
We are so excited to announce that our 2019 Digital Chapbook Contest for emerging poets is now accepting submissions!
Chapbooks are a huge milestone for emerging poets, and we’re always looking forward to the Frontier Digital Chapbook Contest—where we get to find that one electric bundle of poems that rocks our world in less than 30 pages.
The winner of the FDCC will receive $2000 and publication of the free, downloadable chapbook on Frontier. Most exciting of all: the chapbook will also be distributed to tens of thousands of readers, influencers, editors, agents, and magazines through our newsletter. Don’t underestimate the power of this reach. You can find our 2018 winner, How Often I Have Chosen Love by Xiao Yue Shan here. Please read, download and share!
Jericho Brown will guest judge this year's contest. Our whole community is incredibly excited for his upcoming collection, The Tradition.
Jericho Brown is the recipient of fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation, the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study at Harvard, and the National Endowment for the Arts. Brown’s first book, Please (New Issues 2008), won the American Book Award. His second book, The New Testament (Copper Canyon 2014), won the Anisfield-Wolf Book Award. His third collection is The Tradition (Copper Canyon 2019). His poems have appeared in Buzzfeed, The New Republic, The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Paris Review, TIME magazine, Tin House, and several volumes of The Best American Poetry. He is an associate professor and the director of the Creative Writing Program at Emory University.
Guidelines for submission:
- Contest is open for international poets, but the poems must be in English.
- Manuscript should be 10-30 pages.
- Manuscript should be on the whole unpublished, although individual poems can be previously published.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but please notify us if the chapbook is accepted elsewhere.
- Multiple submissions are allowed, but each chapbook must be submitted individually.
- Do not include bio information in the manuscript itself.
- Opens March 15, 2019 and closes May 15, 2019
- To view a list of the most commonly asked questions about submitting to us, please see our FAQ page.