The Frontier New Voices Fellowship exists to give opportunity and access to poets often excluded into the margins of our community. We’re seeking emerging writers traditionally under represented by mainstream magazines and presses, in order to make that “breaking in” a little easier.
Twice a year, we will award a poet with the Frontier Fellowship: $500 grant meant to be used toward covering industry submission costs, multiple publications (original poetry and prose) in Frontier, participation in our editorial community, and introductions to agents and presses. We customize our fellowships to meet the needs of our chosen fellow: hours per month, number of publications, and publication involvement will vary based on our fellow's availability.
For the 2020 New Voices Fellow, we are accepting applications from poets who are undocumented and residing in America.
In your application please include:
- A cover letter with your publication history / brief bio & age. (Can be written directly into Submittable.)
- An answer to the question: why do you poet?
- At least one, but no more than five, poems (published or unpublished).
- Fellow must write in English, but international poets are welcome to apply.
- Deadline is October 31.
- We will announce the winner at the beginning of 2020.