fron·tier // brink, boundary, borderland· a quality home for new poets
· bringing you only the best
Welcome to the Frontier Open: One Poem // $5000
While we primarily serve as a platform for new writers, this prize is meant to support and elevate the poetry community on the whole. We look forward to offering this annual prize where emerging and established poets are considered in equal measure.
Submissions are open to all poets.
No identifying information in the submission document. Our diverse team of readers will read all submissions blind.
Unpublished poems only.
We accept simultaneous submissions but please notify us if your work is picked up elsewhere.
No more than four (4) poems per poet overall. There is no line-limit. Poems may be any length, any style, or any subject. Multiple entries by a single poet are accepted, however each group of (up to) four poems must be treated as a separate entry, each with its own cover letter and an additional $20 fee.
Multiple submissions are allowed (see above).
Please include a brief cover letter with your publication history and about yourself.
International submissions are welcome.
Submission fee of $20.
Deadline is November 30th.
If you have any questions about submissions of any kind or would like to query a current submission, please send an email to: contact (at) frontierpoetry (dot) com
Submissions for our poetry category are open year round. It is open to any new and emerging author who has not published more than one full-length collection of poetry. New Voices are published online only and will feature a number of poems from new authors each month.
We are pleased to announce we offer payment to our
authors. $50 per poem, up to $150. We are thrilled to be paying for
published pieces but will be highly selective in our choices for
We also warmly invite under-represented and marginalized voices to submit. Our aim is to be an accurate representation of the diversity of our beautiful community. Your voice is valued here.
- Submissions are open to new and emerging writers only (no more than one full-length published work forthcoming at the time of submission).
- Our only requirement is that you show excellence in your craft. Bend language, experiment with visuality and form—lay your heart bare on the page. But please, send us polished work. Our aim is to showcase writers who we believe will continue to produce great work. Send us only your best.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please notify us if your work is picked up elsewhere.
- All submissions must be 10 pages // 5 poems or less.
- We do not accept multiple submissions. Please submit all your poems in ONE document.
- Please include a cover letter with your publication history
- Expect 8-12 weeks for a response